Subject: Re: NetBSD on Apple IIci: Boot failure while 32bit
To: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
From: Jeroen Schaap <scnboy@stad.dsl.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1997 21:51:57
Dear Mark & Chris, (and every one listening)

Thanks for your answers. I finally succeeded in booting the IIci.
Nevertheless, the MMM has not been the problem, appearently. In MacFan, a
dutch magazine (rather new, a bit superficial but nice anyway) an article
on unixs for macs explained their problems with BSD on (lucky me)
macIIci. BSD only ran after adding ram to the mac, total 8 megs. So I've
also supplied my mac with 16 megs..... and it runs now. Modern Memory
Manager is off, though.

I am used to linux and so I have problems. I ruined passwd and will
install the sys from scratch another time. Not a big deal, I will learn
eventually :-). But I'd like to now how i can simultaneously log in with
different users. With Linux, a give a <alt-f2> and there I have 6 virtual
consoles. Does BSD perform this same trick?

Thanks a lot!

Greetz,

Jeroen