Subject: Re: fifo overruns
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/1997 20:31:15
On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

> Is there any kind of adverse interaction between spltty() and splzs() that
> might be causing the problem?  Or is spltty only used by the console ite
> stuff and not by a pty?

Actually, I found one problem in the zs driver (and corrected it); there
was an assumption that spltty() lowered the system SPL, when in fact by
definition it must not.  The changes to spltty() and the zs driver were
offsetting, however, and I'm not aware of any other piece of code that is
affected by this.

If you want to try -- you'll have to recompile most of the kernel :-( --
edit src/sys/arch/mac68k/include/intr.h and change the definition of
spltty() from _splraise() to spl1(), as it was previously.  This will tell
you fairly definitively where the problem might be.  The zs driver change
is inconsequential; the right thing will happen now, regardless of how the
spl*() calls are defined.

--scott