Subject: IP Filtering/Masquerading
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jesse Swensen <jrs@pagesz.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/01/1997 13:00:18
I am pawing through the rc.config and notice a "ipfilter=NO" entry.  From
this am I to assume the kernel already has IP filtering installed?  I want
to do IP Masquerading to allow my three machine network use a single
dynamic IP from ISP to connect to the internet.  I have seen discussions
about NAT and fwtk.

I have downloaded fwtk and looked at it's installation instructions and
find that this is not what I want. I don't want a fire wall.

I also downloaded the IP Filter package and have looked at the README.  The
question comes to mind; Do I need to install this if it is already in the
kernel?

Any insights, experiences, examples would be great.

Jesse

P.S.  This really is fun.  I took a week off from work and have done little
else.  I have got netatalk install and working, DNS up and running.  Now
all I need is PPP and IP Masquerading.

Jesse Swensen        111 Vashon CT.       (919) 481-3480 (home)
jrs@pagesz.net       Cary, NC  27513      (919) 481-3363 (FAX)

       "Intel Inside" The worlds most used warning label.