Subject: Re: Problem in mac68k -current
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaime Kikpole <jaime@wizvax.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/31/1997 15:40:44
     I'm resending this because I accidently sent it to just Brad.  Sorry
Brad, I ment to send it to the list as a whole.

                                                        Jaime

> This should work fine for you. I've used a vt100 on a MacII for a while
with
> essentially no problems.
>
> > I just got a Mac IIX with 8megs of memory scsi dr. and fd, but not
monitor
> > or keyboard.  Is it possible to talk to a mac through the serial port
> > with a vt100 type monitor?  I hope to run netbsd on this.

     Funny, I just got a MacIIx myself and things are held up while I wait
for a video card.  How did you make the actual physical connection between
these devices?

     While I'm here, can anyone tell me about the compatability of the
color X server with the Xceed NuBus video card?  Does anyone know of a
source that sells 4MB, 30pin SIMMs with PAL?  (Note:  I know where to get
them without PAL, but they won't work on a IIx then.  Unless I pay $100
(which I can't afford at the moment) for a SimmStacker II.)  Lastly, what
is the performance like of a 8MB RAM BSD system?  I ran the i386 port on
8MB once, but gave up when that particular PC had problems recognizing the
modem I wanted to use.  Oh, that brings up another thought.  (This one will
be the last, honest!)  Which modems can I use with NetBSD (or even OpenBSD)
which will help set up a PPP connection to my ISP.

     Thanks in advance for any and all answers!  :)

                                                        Jaime