Subject: Re: And now, the moment we've all been waiting for...
To: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/28/1997 00:09:42
On Tue, 27 May 1997, Space Case wrote:

> While the binaries appear to be copacetic, I'm not too sure about the
> kernels.  This is what I've put in the README in my kernels directory:
>
> ------------
>
> <snip>
>
> WARNING:  I cannot get dt to run with these kernels.  My old reliable
> version from Feb 1995 causes the kernel to panic with a jump to zero
> trap, and a freshly built 1.1.5 version just gives me blank screens.

I have experienced a similar problem with dt (and X - the old B&W version)
on 1.2E systems, along with the "Data modified on freelist" errors that
someone else reported.  Sounds like something seriously wrong got recently
introduced...

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |