Subject: Serial console transfer & Xwindows
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James W.Y.F. Chan <jchan@uoguelph.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/24/1997 03:09:01
Hello,

I've managed to have NetBSD1.2.1 up and running on my IIci (20/270) which
is headless and without a keyboard. It should make a nice little server.
It took a little while to figure out how to hook my PowerMac 7100/66 via a
null modem cable, but I did!

Here are some questions I hope I can get some help (I've combed some
of the back issues but with little luck).

1. How can I get binaries or source to my IIci running BSD via the serial
cable from my Powermac. The modem is hooked up to the Powermac and I want
it that way for now. Kermit was not part of the package, nor was
zmodem.... The floppy, as far as I am aware of, is not working. I'm
considering getting an Ethernet card for the IIci in a few weeks. But in
the mean time, help....

2. I think I know the answer to this one. Xwindows wouldn't work over
the null modem serial, correct?

Thanks,
-james-

        - James W.Y.F. Chan -                  - jchan@uoguelph.ca -
 PGP2.6 Key: ID = 73E6AD71 Fingerprint = B7711C2E534FC8F9  68937C6A383B425D
     "Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change." - Anonymous -