Subject: Re: 7.5.5 weirdness
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1997 23:23:22
On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

> Just wondering, but has anyone else had difficulties booting with
> extensions loaded under 7.5.5, or is it just me?

For the record, I finally managed an upgrade to 7.5.5 a few days ago, due
to the fact that I was handed a CD with the upgrade on it.  Previous
attempts to install over 7.5.3 were met with utter disaster, but I was
pleased when it ran from the CD without trouble.

Now that I've done that, and I've run Extensions Manager to restore order
to my system, I can report that there's been no change with respect to
NetBSD; the same set of extensions/control panels is loaded as what I had
with 7.5.3.  (Oh, and I also have Open Transport 1.1.2 installed, which
fixed at least one annoying problem with Navigator 2.0 on my
memory-starved system.)

--scott