Subject: (Fwd) LCII boot problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <bgajecky@popmail.jba.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/1997 11:25:16
Forwarded message:
From:     Self <Single-user mode>
To: majordomo@NetBSD.ORG
Subject: LCII boot problems
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 10:52:26

I'm trying to get an LC II to run netbsd, but so far, I have been
frustrated utterly. I'm looking for any kind of help anyone could
offer. Here are some details:
8 MB RAM
40 MB Hard drive partitioned as follows:
a) 2.5 MB MacOS partition
b) 2 MB swap partition
c) the rest an A/UX root and usr partition, about 36400 KB
Mode32
System 7.5 on the MacOS partition
Monitors set to B&W grays
Disk cache set to 32K
no other extensions
Booter 1.9.4 with disable VBL interrupts on, 8 MB RAM, auto-size RAM
booting to netbsd kernel on A/UX partition

I have tried the following kernels:
netbsd12 (generic)
ADBTEST 160
ADBTEST 183
netbsd.SBC11

the last three have "worked" better, but I have observed the
following curiosity: the first time I install the kernel, the kernel
crashes when it gets to the identification of the hard drive. It then
freezes. Thereafter, it freezes when it identifies the video
hardware. No settings changes in the booter make any difference.
Please tell me if you need any more details, and I appreciate your
help.