Subject: Re: Whoever compiler madhatter#35
To: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/15/1997 02:16:04
On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Stephen C. Brown wrote:
> I compiled madhatter#35.  But, the patch given here is not likely
> to work without some changes to my source.  The patch seems to
> depend on both variables mac68k_vidphys and mac68k_vidlog having
> been mapped correctly(something that would be done with get_phys(),
> if it wasn't broken).  The whole crux of the "madhatter" patch
> was to get around the fact that these were not being mapped correctly.

Here's the main part of the patch:

> >> -     gm->fbbase = (caddr_t) mac68k_vidlog;
> >> -     gm->fboff = 0;
> >> +     gm->fbbase = (caddr_t) (mac68k_vidlog & ~PGOFSET);
> >> +     gm->fboff = mac68k_vidlog & PGOFSET;

All that's doing is setting fbbase to where the video is rounded down to
a page boundary, and setting fboff to the leftover part. You should be
able to take whatever you're storing in fbbase and split it into the two
parts pretty easily :) I suppose you could leave your fbbase line alone
and add something like:

gm->fboff = gm->fbbase & PGOFSET;
gm->fbbase &= ~PGOFSET;

Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++