Subject: Re: Kernel for Microspeed mouse
To: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/14/1997 12:03:46
Mark Andres wrote:

> While we are on the topic of kernels, I have a Microspeed 3-button mouse.
> Are there any kernels that support the use of buttons 2 and 3 for this
> mouse?

All kernels (1.1? or later) should support this mouse. It's part of the
official kernel source, so it's in all the recent kernels unless someone
explicitly removed it when they compiled (unlikely).

> It is probably too much to ask for, but how about kernels that
> support this mouse AND run the color X server?

Since support for the Microspeed mouse support should be in all recent
kernels, all you need to do it find a color kernel that work for you
and you should have both your wishes.

However, I'm not sure which color kernel will work for you. Hopefully
someone else on the list can assist there.

	--John