Subject: Re: ZIP Drive
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Becker <mbbecker@mail.deforest.k12.wi.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/1997 03:47:01
>>        Has anyone been able to get a ZIP drive to work with NetBSD?  The
>>Mkfs program is able to change the partition type to a unix root and user
>>partition, but when I go to format the partition I don't get the dilog box
>>I get Mkfs: printed in the dialog box.  I checked iomega's web site and
>>they say that it is supported under various flavors of UNIX.
>
>I'm confused at what you say mkfs is returning when you try to format the
>partiton on the ZIP drive. Could you supply me with more details so I can
>look into it? Also, the ZIP doesn't report it's geometry to mkfs. I've
>tried everything to get it, but it's just not in the ZIP drive or the
>controller in any format defined within the SCSI protocol. What you'll
>need to do is manually fill in the blanks for sector size and such - the
>ones that are blank before the format is started. That's what folks have
>done in the past to get it to work under NetBSD, but I don't know what
>those parameters are off hand.
>
>Thanks,
>-bob

I don't get the dialog box that lets me fill this information in.  When I
select the partition and click FORMAT, Mkfs switches to the debug window
and displays "Mkfs:" and it just sits there.  How do I make Mkfs show the
dialog box where I can fill in the disk geometry information?

Matthew Becker                                     Custom Internet Solutions
mbbecker@mail.deforest.k12.wi.us                   WEB, FTP, SMTP, POP3, DNS