Subject: problems with kernel on Q630
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt Ahrens <matt@callnet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/11/1997 01:45:41
I am trying to get MacBSD working on my Quadra 630. I have it to the point
where I run the Booter, it goes into "startup mode" where it lists the
devices it finds, and then it hangs.

the last few lines it shows are:
root on sd0a swqp on sd0b
PRAM time does not appear to have been read correctly.
PRAM: 0x83d807e, macos_boottime: 0x32d6eec7

then it touches the disk slightly, and then hangs. if i hit return, it says:
panic: kernel jump to zero
Stopped at        _Debugger+0xc:     unlk      a6

i wonder if there is something wrong with my disk setup, because it touches
the disk just before it dies.

i have tried several different kernels, including: generic_77, wormhole_68,
and sbc_11.

if you have any advice, PLEASE send it to matt@callnet.com. your help is
greatly appreciated.

(yes, i know that this machine is not offocially supported, but i know that
others are using it with the Q630, according to the user survey)
Matthew Ahrens
<mailto:matt@callnet.com>
<http://www.callnet.com/~matt>