Subject: Re: problems with X...
To: Ron Fondo <rfondo@supernet.net>
From: Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/07/1997 12:54:51
> [prompt]% startx &; twm
>
>         which resulted in:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld.so: twm: libXext.so.6.1: No such file or directory
>
>         So I checked, and this file exists: "/usr/libexec/ld.so", but it
> appears to be a binary. I assume that I somehow need to recreate this
> binary,

	No Ron, the binary is fine. It just can't find the file you need.
There are two ways to help it. You could put the X11 library dirextory in
the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH (which sometimes works, but didn't
for me when trying to get X working), or you could use ldconfig to add the
X library path into ld.so's cache.

> but don't have a clue how to yet...
>
>         I'll keep everyone informed, and if anyone has any suggestions, I
> would greatly appreciate them. :) Until then, I'll just keep wading through
> the man pages, looking for a clue.

	man ldconfig

	And http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/faq-9.html#ss9.4

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au |"so we came up with a golden rule   |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  | whatever works for you             |