Subject: Re: secr11.tar.gz
To: James D. Skee <spiritwalker@ns.resnova.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/03/1997 16:20:23

> >Where can I get secr11.tar.gz for mac68k?! there is no (longer a?)
> >security/ dir underthe mac68k dirs, but there is for i386 (on
> >ftp.netbsd.org) so... where should i get it, maybe a U.S. mirror? thanks.

Good question. Does someone know the answer?

> >From my experience, installing this broke telnet, and when I asked what
> could be done to fix it, no one seemed to know.

I'd bet the problem's that the 1.1 code's sufficiently different to
choke under 1.2. There SHOULD be a secr12.tar.gz somewhere, though it
seems there isn't.

I'm using the 1.2 security stuff on an i386, and telnet works fine.

Maybe just pull down the 1.2 security source and compile it?

Take care,

Bill