Subject: Re: Installer/Disk Problem
To: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/03/1997 14:06:16
At 9:41 PM 1/3/97, Mark Andres wrote:
>The IIcx (and a few other models I believe) are strange in that they have
>no internal termination.  The only reason I know this is that I have a IIcx

True, but normally the internal disk of a Macintosh provides the termination.

The rule is that the bus should be terminated on each end.  The internal
disk is one end.  The bus then proceeds through the motherboard to the
external connector and thence down the external chain to a (presumably)
terminated drive at the end.

In the not-very-special case when there are no external drives the bus is
so short that the absent terminator doesn't matter.

The IIfx is different, but MacBSD doesn't work on that beast anyway.