Subject: Re: Color Video
To: None <ken@net5.co.jp>
From: John Plotecher <jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/02/1997 18:03:08
(P.S. I'm sorry I sent this twice; our ISP is having problems and I
wanted to make sure this got out.)

Ken Nakata wrote:
> I'm not perfectly sure what you mean here, but I'd say no, it
> wouldn't: if none of the color kernels works on Q700, it would make
> sense for a kernel, which you build out of the current source tree
> with the same color code Taras' kernels got, *not* to work.
>
> ken

Here's my reasoning...

The color kernels on ftp.macbsd.org are old. That means they don't
support Quadra SCSI, etc. If the color code frm Taras can be compiled
into a new kernel, that would fix all the SCSI problems, etc.

(I will get in touch with somebody who has a Q700 and a video card, and
see if he remembers where the kernel failed.)

Thanks for your help!

John Plotecher
jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us