Subject: Re: Swap on other harddisk?
To: Andreas Magnusson <Andreas.Magnusson@mailbox.swipnet.se>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/27/1996 13:41:12
On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, Andreas Magnusson wrote:

> I have set up NetBSD on my IIci with an old internal 40 Mb HD as
> swap, and the external 250 Mb as root&usr. The problem is that NetBSD
> doesn't seem to find the swap partion.

Currently, the kernel expects to see swap on the same device as the root
partition.  You can have swap on other drives as well, with a custom
kernel, but you _must_ put at least a nominal swap partition on the
external 250MB disk.  (I've also heard that the total system swap can be
no greater than 4x the swap on the same disk as the root filesystem, but
I've never verified this.)

--scott