Subject: MacBSD on a Mac II with no PMMU
To: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <markur@sonic.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/01/1995 13:55:20
Hi there,
This is my first E-mail message to this list. I have been monitoring =
it for about a month now. I have MacBSD 1.0 but have not installed it =
yet.
>From reading the FAQ it will not work with the Mac II unless it has =
the PMMU installed. Is this still true with MacBSD 1.1 or is there an =
emulator so that this is not required?
If anyone knows the scoop I=B9d much appreciate a reply.

Also I have been thinking of upgrading to a faster CPU with the Sonet =
Technologies Mac II Booster(Doubler) which is basically a 68030 =
chip/board that plugs right into the CPU slot. Does anyone know if =
this is compatible with MacBSD 1.1. It does support virtual memory =
and is fairly inexpensive ($175). Appreciate a reply from those in =
the know.

MacBSD Newbie, UNIX wannabe

To get random signatures put text files into a folder called =
=B3Random Signatures=B2 into your Preferences folder.