Subject: Re: netbsd.082495 failed booting on SE/30
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Yoshihisa SUGIMOTO <sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/19/1995 22:38:15
Hi,

At  8:53 AM 95.9.19 -0400, Erik Vogan wrote:
>        Make certain that the memory control panel is also set for 32 bit
>mode.  mode32 simply enables 32 bit addressing on older macs, it does not
>enfore it.  That job belongs to the memory control panel, and they both
>must be set for BSD to work correctly.

I have to confess that the memory control panel was not set for 32 bit mode.
The minimum system I installed on SE/30 did not contain the memory control
panel, or I erased the memory control panel by an accident.
So, I could not realize it was not set for 32 bit mode.

I am so sorry for causing a time-consuming trouble.
Thanks, Ken, Allen, Haru, Erik and many people here.

)))) Yoshihisa Sugimoto  ***  sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp ((((
))   Department of Medicine I / Medical Information Center    ((
))           Shiga University of Medical Science,             ((
))))        Seta-Tsukinowa, Ohtsu, Shiga, 520-21 JAPAN      ((((