Subject: Re: is audio fully working for anyone on T30?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Malte Dehling <mdehling@math.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/08/2005 22:15:25
--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 03:37:27PM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> In message <20050308190849.I8973@cargo-cult.k.bsd.de>, Christoph Badura w=
rites:
> >I've upgraded my T30 to the head of the netbsd-2 branch and audio is bas=
ically
> >unusable except after freshly booting the machine.
> >
> >After the machine comes out of suspend mode audio output produces no sou=
nd
> >at all.  I've seen similar behaviour with a then currentish auich.c unde=
r 1.6,
> >but that was easily fixable so that only the currently playing applicati=
on
> >would hang (fortunately, a couple of ^C would kill the process).
> >
> >Depending on how one works the "Master" volume slider in xmmix the "rec"
> >buttons for "Line", "Line-1" and "Mic" are set to different crackalicious
> >patterns.

I have the same problem on my IBM ThinkPad 390X : Sound works fine after a
fresh boot(after tuning some bios options!) but stops working after 'resume=
',
which is ofcourse very annoying behavior for a laptop...

> >I'm wondering about the "Line-1" too, because the machine has one line a=
nd
> >one mic input only.
> >
> >Does anyone have audio working correctly on the T30?
> >
>=20
> On a Thinkpad T42, I had to put
>=20
> 	mixerctl -w outputs.master=3D255,255
>=20
> in my /etc/apm/resume script.

On my ThinkPad 390X this had no effect at all - mixerctl -a show
outputs.master=3D255,255 and all other options are correct too, I think.

Im on the list and Ill try any proposed fixes...

--=20
Malte Dehling

Mail:		mdehling [at] math.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Website:	http://mdehling.ath.cx/mdehling/
PGP:		2586 A3BF B438 E68E 2B85  C4EA C5A7 AD96 C865 03D2

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0

--LyciRD1jyfeSSjG0--