Subject: Re: AC adapter event
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/03/2004 10:02:48
On Sun, 02 May 2004, Takayoshi Kochi wrote:
> I'd like to add ACPI AC adapter event support for powerd(8).
> With recent commit of Enhanced SpeedStep stuff, it'll be useful
> to change power-consumption status of CPU.  Patches to the kernel
> and the powerd are attached.

This looks useful.  I have also been playing with a daemon that checks
the load average every minute and cranks the CPU speed up or down.

On my laptop, connecting the AC adapter causes the speed to immediately
increase to the maximum.  I have been unable to find the code that does
this, but I'd like to disable it.

--apb (Alan Barrett)