Subject: RE: Conflict between XFree4 and Adaptec2940 SCSI controllerB
To: Carpenter, Steve <Steve.Carpenter@hp.com>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/15/2002 05:10:16
On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 @ 9:54am (+0100), Carpenter, Steve wrote:

CS> Chris,
CS>
CS> >>I've found a work-around for avoiding the BIOS call-- Option "NoINT10".

...how is this all possibe?  Shouldn't the kernel be preventing this?  I
honestly don't understand how the X server talks to the framebuffer, but it
would seem to me that these are relatively common hardware combinations.

-lava

CS>   I have the same problem with a 2940 and a Nvidia GeForce3 Ti 200. I see from the XFree86 web site that there have been many fixes libint10 since the 4.2 release. If BT ever get my ADSL connection installed (they've ben saying "tomorrow" for a week now) I'll try compiling their fixes into an Xserver and test.
CS>
CS> Regards,
CS>
CS> Stephen.

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

PGP: 0111 4618 0111 4618 4AB2 24EB C853 6611 75C4 A91E A7A7 4973

"Microsoft Windoze: 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."