Subject: Re: Ultra-light notebook recommendations
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/08/2002 01:21:24
Hi,

On 7 Jul 2002 at 12:48, Brian de Alwis wrote:
> And a follow-up question that I should have tacked on: for those
> who've had both ultra-lights and a slightly heavier beast (such as the
> Dell Inspiron 4100), do you find the weight really makes that much of
> a difference?

depends. Will you just take it from your home to your car, and
later from the car to the customer, or is it planned for an
expedition to some rainforest where you will carry it the
whole day? Is the weight relevant during work with the
notebook or only for transportation?

My mother uses an old Compaq notebook to do some work in the
weekend house. Here weight does not matter and it is about 5
pounds.

A friend works as technician with his C1 all day, he usually
holds it with one hand while typing with the other. He claims
it is too heavy and it is just about 2 pounds.

HTH

mike