Subject: msdos filesystem corruption
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Byers <rb-netbsd@BigScaryChildren.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/29/2002 11:47:33
Hi,
I started noticing problems writing to msdos filesystems a while ago, but
never got around to trying to debug it.  I figured I should atleast
present the problem before 1.6 moves out of beta phase.

The easiest way I've found to see the problem is to create a small
text file somewhere on an msdos filesystem, umount the filesystem,
re-mount it, and view the file.  Something gets screwed up with the block
map, and the file data is all garbage (all 'U's in my case).

Are there any msdosfs debugging tools around?  I'd like to look at things
like the FAT to try to figure out whats going wrong...

Thanks,
	Rick