Subject: Re: NetBSD with 4mb ram
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/28/2002 06:52:04
--- David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org> wrote:
> > I gotta find me a 386/16mhz or a sun3... One of
> these
> > days I'll have the slowest NetBSD machine on the
> > planet. I've already got the slowest one on my
> block!
>
> 	Where abouts are you based - I have a friend who
> has a surplus
> 	sun3/50 or two :)

I'm in Tucson, AZ. Anywhere near there?

My first question would be the "pain in the a**
factor" of this machine. I see it has a floppy
controller, but can it boot from the floppy? I also
see it can boot from tape or NFS, so maybe that's the
better option. (I've never made a bootable tape so
that would be a learning experience).

Also, will this thing be able to build itself once I
install some level of NetBSD? I don't mind waiting, I
just want to know if there is enough memory and other
resources available for it to finish...

Andy