Subject: Any disklabel experts out there?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/22/2002 23:19:11
I was moving disks and using partition magic, and I deleted my partition
table. And my disk label.

The data, I'm pretty sure, is still there. There's a win98 partition still
alive, and the netbsd stuff is hidden behind it. I figured (incorrectly)
that everything was standard, so if I just did a sysinstall with a
"preserve," I would have my correct disklabel back. Nope. Bad magic number
in the superblock. I must be off on my offsets.

Anyone have any hints for me? There's only one program I really need off
the disk (the perl program I was writing.)

Oh, I need to figure out how to rsync to my solaris box (the only one
which has a daily backup program.)

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $2.50 = mocha latte