Subject: Re: 1.5.3_rc2 kernel broken
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/20/2002 23:45:31
> I'm currently running:
>
> NetBSD speedy.rmkhome.com 1.5.3_RC1 NetBSD 1.5.3_RC1 (SPEEDY) #8: Wed=
 Mar 13 15:35:56 MST 2002     rmk@speedy.rmkhome.com:/usr/src/sys/arch/=
i386/compile/SPEEDY i386

> I grabbed source by anoncvs today.
>
> I rebuilt the kernel and rebooted. The system just reboots over and o=
ver
> again. No significant messages.
>
> Rebooting to the old kernel doesn't work unless I do a full reset
> of the system.

Hm, I don't see anyone else responding to this, and I don't see this
symptom.  I wonder what sets your system apart from the test systems I
have available.

Furthermore, it's pretty trivial to find what changed between the _RC1
mark and the _RC2 mark; see CHANGES-1.5.3 which contains a complete
cronological list of the chnages applied to the branch since 1.5.2 was
released.

Regards,

- H=E5vard