Subject: Re: SCO ELF emulation
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/14/2002 14:18:52
Christos Zoulas said:

>In article <200205132028.g4DKSqi02927@plucky.openg.ilx.com>,
>Paul J. Lavoie <pjl@ilx.com> wrote:

>>Was hoping for some suggestions...
>>
>>I have been trying to get an ELF SCO binary to run under NetBSD with no luck.
>>It looks like that the SCO dynamic linker ((/emul/{ibcs2,svr4})/usr/lib/libc.so
>>.1) dies with an abort trap upon running any SCO ELF binary. Given it looks
>>like work has been done on getting this to run, I was hoping for any pointers
>>anyone would like to give...

>how far does it go? what does ktrace say? Can you make SCO binaries
>available?

If the binaries are SCO Unixware, they are regular SVR4 ELF binaries.
However, SCO Openserver uses a "different" ELF format.

I have to think back to 1995 about this, but I remember that when SCO went
from Opendesktop to Openserver, they changed from COFF to ELF. The release
notes that I read claimed that SCO ELF binaries were not exactly the same
format as SVR4 binaries, and wouldn't run on a SVR4 system.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com