Subject: Re: Booting NetBSD above cyl. 1024
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan M. McConahy <rm@m-net.arbornet.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/10/2002 21:23:13
On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 05:33:44PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> It may be a BIOS issue -- the limit on where the boot stuff is depends
> on what parts of the disk your BIOS can address.

I think I have a LBA capable BIOS. It's about four years old. Does that
help?

--
PGP Key-ID: 9AACF31B9344BAC1

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

"To those who scare peace-loving people with phantoms of lost liberty,
my message is this: Your tactics only aid terrorists."  --John Ashcroft,
U.S. Attorney General