Subject: Re: icy-dock
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: The bird <jonl@yubyub.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/20/2002 11:32:55
On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 12:59:03AM +0100, Thomas Michael Wanka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there someone who has experience with devices that are
> called "icy-dock"?
>
> One of their OEM sites is "http://www.raidsonic.de/index-
> e.htm".
>
> I am interested in the "MB 017", a 5,25" case, 3 units hight,
> that accepts 3 SCA LVD hot swappable disks.
>
> They look a little crappy, but I could get 3 disks on three
> SCSI Channels in one 4U 19" Case.
>
> Any other recommendations are welcome.

I have an older one which is rather similar to the MB 017 - 5.25 FH unit
which accepts 3 1" tall LVD drives.

The unit is rather picky as to which drives go where.  My IBM 9.1GB 10K
drives only work in the top and bottom slots, whereas the seagate 9.1GB 10K
drive works in all slots.  All drives work fine in another (non-icy dock)
enclosure.

I don't really know if this is a problem of the enclosure or the drives,
and since they currently function I'm not really going to find out [until
they break].

My 2e-2 cents.

--
-Jon
"The only thing that's worse is when some guy with an iron cross tatoo