Subject: Re: P6 microcodes updates
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: David Vyskocil <david.vyskocil@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/07/2002 20:10:51
Yeah, I mind this subject was lost in cyber-space !

Originaly, I post the message to see if there are some reacts, cause am very
interrested on it. ( hope not OT )

Unfortunaly all my poor old PC's BIOS don't have such an option to
en/disable microcode updates or whatever...
But some have the ability to upload microcode inside BIOS eeprom by using an
INT 15h sub-fonction, and in all cases 'inside' µP by MSRs.

The problem is I wish to dig around microcodes updates to maintain
down/upward compatibility for NetBSD with some hardwares...
And perhaps learn more about microcodes *secrets*, felling there's something
interresting on the way. ;-]

david.vyskocil@wanadoo.fr