Subject: Re: Fresh installation of NetBSD 1.5
To: None <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
From: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/13/2001 12:54:04
> I am making preperations to install NetBSD 1.5 on a new system. This
> time, even though the computer has a CD drive, I want to do so using
> the FTP process, anything that I should know before hand? Also from

The path for ftp(1) to fetch "sets", e.g.

  ftp://ftp.jp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5/i386/binary/sets

> the mirror that I chose, I am downloading the enter set of disks.
> Which ones do I use for a fresh install? Also why isn't

INSTALL.txt should mention that...

I believe 'base.tgz', 'etc.tgz', and 'kern.tgz' are the minimum.

> ftp.freesoftware,com on the list of USA based mirrors? They appear to
> have a full set of everything NetBSD.

You can set an arbitrary host/path for installation by ftp.

Cheers!
Masao

---
Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>