Subject: Re: About NetBSD server tuning!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/24/2001 20:02:49
In article <20010224085407.G476@dr-evil.shagadelic.org>,
Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com> wrote:
>On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 01:46:02AM -0600, Kazushi Marukawa wrote:
>
> > 3ware (www.3ware.com) has Escalade 6000 series.  They
> > released Linux driver with sources.  They costs more than
> > $230.
> >
> > Escalade sounds better regarding to their benchmark
> > results.
>
>...and NetBSD supports the Escalade (twe driver).

Ahem... Kim just got one and the probe failed to make the board interrupt.
Our driver is derived from v1.1 of the FreeBSD driver, and FreeBSD is now
at 1.7. Unfortunately the re-organized the driver completely so we'll probably
need to port it again. Fortunately this time it looks like they took out
all the OS-dependent stuff and moved it to a separate file, so it will be
easier to keep things in sync in the future.

christos