Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD on a low-memory 486
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/13/2000 19:12:04
On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, David Brownlee wrote:

> 	As a final 'Just dont go there' option, you could always use the
> 	tail end of the floppy disk as swap space until you have the
> 	disk partitioned and real swap added, then swapctl -d it :)

Sorry to reply to such an old message - cleaning out folders again.

I did actually try putting in a spare floppy and doing swapctl -a
/dev/fd0[abcd]. All of these came up with Device not configured.

I tried the same thing on my NetBSD 1.4 workstation and had the same
result. Is the floppy device not capable of supporting swap?

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget