Subject: Xfree doing strange things with Keyboard
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 <bbogart@acs.ryerson.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/30/2000 13:12:32
My X sessions are doing strange things. at what seem to be random times
the keyboard simply stops working, the key events are not sent to X
clients. The Num-lock key also does not change the LED during this state.
Ocationally the Enter key will shift the X screen sideways (with
wrapping) so the windows all slide accross the screen. When this happens
the curser map seems to also get shifts as clicking the mouse on a window
might cause the root menu to show up, or clicking on the root might focus
a window not beneath the curser.

A server reset fixes the problem.
I've tried using XKB and not using it with no change in symptoms.

Whats going wrong?

Thanks,

B. Bogart
Convergent Media Designer
Through scientific absolution we move further and further away from ourselves.