Subject: Re: ALPS 4x4 CD changer (ATAPI)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/23/2000 01:41:48
At 01:02 AM 1/23/00 -0500, der Mouse wrote:
>> Is there any way to specify a different device ID for each LUN, and
>> have it switch automatically when IO to a particular LUN is
>> requested?
>
>Memory of the thread, and the Subject:, say the drive is ATAPI, not
>SCSI.  ATAPI doesn't *have* LUNs, does it?

Yes, I was paying attention ;-); I know the drive in question is ATAPI. I
don't know that much about ATAPI drives with multiple logical devices on
them, so I used the terminology I'm familiar with. If you'd like, make the
question more generic by replacing "LUN" with something like "platter".
Basically I was asking if there was any way for the same functionality I've
seen with SCSI cahngers to be available for ATAPI changers (it would make
the devices much more usable).

(Hmmm, I wonder if something could be done with amd to do the switch
automatically... don't know if there's a way to tell amd that a particular
mountpoint has been unmounted by "someone else", so possibly not...)