Subject: Still cant get NetBSD-1.4.1 up and running
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: April G Gruhn <gudongfe@pilot.msu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/12/1999 14:51:10
What I have done is to rename etc to etc-1.3.3
Boot the install floppy
install kern, base, etc, and bootblocks
When I reboot from HD the system insists on hanging at the "login: " prompt.
This happens regardless if I have ttyv0 or ttyE0 in my /etc/ttys file.
I have learned 1 thing:

the error "opmsprobe: command error"

is related to Old Ps/2 mouse support -- probably nprobing for PS/2 mouse...
Could this be the source of my problem.

 It has been mentioned that I config and build a new kernel. But when I mount
all the filesystems by hand. and do config <foo> system complains ls.so
not configured (of course I did this from the install-floppy).
Any suggestions here. BTW: my keyboard is about 9yrs old.