Subject: Re: IRQ2/IRQ9 doesn't work
To: None <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Robert Kennedy <robert@Theory.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/08/1999 10:35:01
> > I'm running NetBSD 1.3, and the modem's serial port probes correctly
> > at boot time. It's only if I try to do any I/O to the modem that it
> > seems nothing gets through. Using kermit, it appears that stuff gets
> > neither to nor from the modem.
>
> Does the probe show irq2/9?

It shows irq9, but that's not from info obtained in the probe. It's
info established at kernel build time from the config.

> On my PCMCIA modem card, I get similar
> behavior if I don't set flow rtscts.  You might try that...

None of the flow control stuff is different between my setup that
works and my setup that fails, so I don't think I want to look
there. The only differences between the working and failing setups are
the irq number and I/O port addresses for the modem's serial port. At
com2/irq3 (for example) it works, and at com3/irq9 it fails.

	-- Robert