Subject: Re: pcmcia cards not configured
To: John Refling <johnr@imageworks.com>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/01/1999 17:47:29
> I have several pcmcia cards which may not be supported by
> NetBSD.  How would one go about adding support?  The cards
> are as follows:
>
> relia ethernet (ne2000 compliant?)
> ndc ethernet (ne2000 compliant?)

If it's really ne2k compatible, add entries to
sys/dev/pcmcia/pcmciadevs, regen the files derived from it using
Makefile.pcmciadevs, and tweak the tables in if_ne_pcmcia.c to add
those cards to the supported list. (then rebuild and boot a new
kernel..)

> ibm home and away (std modem, ethernet ?)

If the modem side is a standard modem-which-looks-like-a-UART, it
should Just Work.   if the ethernet is one for which a driver already
exists, see above..

					- Bill