Subject: Re: several messages
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/18/1998 16:38:42
On Sun, 18 Oct 1998, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

: > That said, I'm not quite sure why it gave you the indicated behavior.  The
: > ELF magic number must be different and unrecognized by exec_elf32.  Even so,
: > that still doesn't quite explain it running under a shell....
:
: Of course it does. If no executable format gets detected by the kernel
: it tries to run it as a shell script.

Right, but even non-native ELF executables should trigger exec_elf32 to
print a message and not exec.

: The problem is that I can't figure out for the life of me why it isn't
: detected as an executable.

Well: