Subject: Re: Kernal panic woes
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/09/1998 11:38:27
In article <Pine.SOL.3.96.981009121304.23059A-100000@uxa.liv.ac.uk> Dave.Tyson@liverpool.ac.uk (Dave Tyson) writes:

>panic: trap
>#0  0x6 in ?? ()
>(gdb) where
>#0  0x6 in ?? ()
>#1  0xf01e5d3b in cpu_reboot ()
>#2  0xf013a949 in panic ()
>#3  0xf01ec5d6 in trap ()
>(gdb) q
>
>I have had a quick look at the source code around this this area, but it
>is not very enlightening. Any suggestions as to how to pin down this
>problem would be appreciated.

You are dying because of a panic, which is good. Unfortunately you are
rebooting immediately after a panic, so that you are not seeing the panic
message. In addition, your stack is trashed, so you don't see where panic
is being called from. I suggest that you compile a kernel with ddb, and
when it panic's you'll see the message in the console, and you'll be able
to print a complete backtrace. My suspicion is that you are running out
of some resource and you need to boost some parameter.

christos