Subject: Re: WINE?
To: Chris Cowdery <chris@cowdery.demon.co.uk>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/11/1998 10:55:17
> Apparently there is a product called WINE that is a 32bit version
> of WABI, which allows you to run 16bit Windoze apps on linux. I know
> this 'aint a linux group, but I would have thought it similar.

I've been using WINE for about a year to run the 16bit version of
Quicken 5.0.   It works.   Sort of.   I don't consider it reliable,
and I'm planning to wean myself of it.   Wine has been "under
development" for almost five years now, IIRC, and it's still
prerelease quality.   I've seen no evidence that it's converging.   So
while I think it's a great idea, I don't think you should consider it
a viable way to get work done.   Sigh.

			       _MelloN_