Subject: Re: PCMCIA NE2000 clones
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Bill Squier <groo@guinness.cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/28/1998 10:32:33
> On Tue, 28 Apr 1998 00:27:05 -0400
>  Bill Squier <groo@guinness.cs.stevens-tech.edu> wrote:
>
>  > I found my original documentation, which is essentially useless as far as
>  > NetBSD goes.  It isn't recognized by the INSTALL kernel, so I figure I'm
>  > SOL with it.
>
> ...it could be a matter of simply not recognizing the strings... Is it
> documented to be NE2000 compatible?

Nope.  So I assume it isn't.  As I recall, back when I purchased the card to
work with (blech) Win95, it required a special driver.  I believe at that
time, I even tried the NE2000 driver on a lark.

> The LinkSys cards definitely work.

This sounds like the right thing to do.  After I get the machine up and
running, I'll be happy to produce whatever information I can probe out of the
other card (New Media).

--
Bill Squier (groo@cs.stevens-tech.edu)
http://www.cs.stevens-tech.edu/~groo