Subject: Re: eisa device ADP7880 not configured; Intel fast ethernet; other stuff
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@plutotech.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/29/1997 17:03:25
>> It doesn't configure, saying something like
>>    eisa0: device ADP7880 in slot 14 not configured

The problem here is that you have a PCI Adaptec controller
(most likely on the motherboard) that just happened to get
mapped by your PCI BIOS into a location that makes the
vendor string appear in the same place as an EISA card in
slot 14.  I thought that NetBSD had solved this problem by
probing PCI devices first and using resource conflict
resolution so that the EISA probe would never touch a
device already claimed by the PCI probe?  Are you running
an old version of NetBSD?

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations