Subject: Re: wdc0: lost interrupt
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@ece.utexas.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/04/1997 18:56:04
  (I trimmed some syslog lines (removed <hostname> /netbsd:) and
did a little reformatting for brevity/80-col problems.)

Greg Oster wrote:

> Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de writes:
>>
>> What does this mean, and do i have to worry about my harddisk:
>>
>> Feb 28 07:21:21 wdc0: lost interrupt: status 58<drdy,dsc,drq> error 0
>> Feb 28 07:21:21 wdc0: lost interrupt: writing 8@wd0:35104
>>
>> This is on a IDE-equipped i386 V1.2 system.
>
> We've got a Pentium box here (NetBSD 1.2Beta (released a few
> weeks before 1.2 proper), w/ IDE drive) that just started
> giving similar messages.  We're getting:
>
> Feb 28 11:24:42 wdc0: lost interrupt: status 50<drdy,dsc> error 0
> Feb 28 11:24:42 wdc0: lost interrupt: reading 2@wd0:1175230

  Mostly just a me too:  I've only seen it once, during the /etc/daily
run at 2am this morning, on a kernel that is -current from
around three weeks ago, with IDE on -i386 (Pentium):
Mar  4 02:00:27 wdc0: lost interrupt: status 58<drdy,dsc,drq> error 0
Mar  4 02:00:27 wdc0: lost interrupt: reading 16@wd0:556800

  I built a new -current kernel today, so I'll have to see if
it goes away.

> The *only* thing that has changed on the machine recently is
> that we started NFS serving parts of the disk to another
> machine...

  This machine is not an NFS server.  IIRC, this particular
machine was printing these messages occasionally back in the
1.1 days about a year ago, but it's been quiet since a bit
before 1.2 was released.  (Unfortunately, the default
newsyslog.conf has long ago wiped out those logs.  I changed our
conf to keep these logs longer.)

  Brian
--
Brian Grayson (bgrayson@ece.utexas.edu)
Graduate Student, Electrical and Computer Engineering