Subject: Re: Xserver loses all keboard input with 1.2-beta kernel?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/01/1996 10:30:55
On Fri, 28 Jun 1996, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> I've set up a nameless P120 running NetBSD 1.2-Beta.  I've recently
> stopped using the pcvt interface and started using X.  I find that
> after a few minutes use, all keyboard events stop.  I've run xev on
> another machine and verified that mouse events are being tracked, but
> key up/down events seem to totally disappear.

Two things:

1) If you are using pccons, make sure you disable the getty on the
console.

2) If you are using pcvt, make sure you sleep for a couple seconds (or
longer, according to your comfort level) before starting xdm; you need to
wait for all of the getty's to start so that the X server won't grab a vt
that is in use.

I've never had a problem such as you describe since I implemented the
solution appropriate for the console driver I am using.

--scott