Subject: ComTrol RocketPort Driver info availability
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Laine Stump <laine@palamut.morningstar.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/23/1996 23:34:29
I was just poking around on the Web, and found that ComTrol has a
publicly available copy of the source code from their developer's
kit. It is at ftp://ftp.comtrol.com/BETA/DRVSAM.zip. This contains all
the C macros and functions that someone I knew used to make a RocketPort
driver for a proprietary (but ver BSD 4.4'ish in many ways) driver for
the RocketPort.

The copyright on the code reads like this:

		Copyright 1994,1995 Comtrol Corporation.
			All Rights Reserved.

The following source code is subject to Comtrol Corporation's
Developer's License Agreement.

This source code is protected by United States copyright law and
international copyright treaties.

This source code may only be used to develop software products that
will operate with Comtrol brand hardware.

You may not reproduce nor distribute this source code in its original
form but must produce a derivative work which includes portions of
this source code only.

The portions of this source code which you use in your derivative
work must bear Comtrol's copyright notice:

		Copyright 1994,1995 Comtrol Corporation.

I don't know how much constitute "portions", so I'm not sure if this
would cause a conflict with the philosophy of distributing full source
or not.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in making a RocketPort driver for NetBSD
(or any other *BSD, for that matter), there is the code you need, and I
may be able to find you a good deal on a RocketPort too, if you need one
(we are no longer using them since we became part of Ascend).

Laine Stump
Ascend Communications