Subject: Re: multiport serial i/o boards
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Operator <oper@mikrobitti.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/20/1996 10:29:48
> Cyclades makes decent 8 and 16 port boards.  However, the cy driver in
> NetBSD is horrible crusty, and is labeled that it doesn't compile
> anymore.  On the other hand, the FreeBSD driver works fine, and is
> actively maintained.  Someone who knows what they're doing probably
> needs to pull over the FreeBSD driver and make it run on NetBSD again.

There is a working cy driver for NetBSD now.  I had it done by someone
because I needed a multi-serial card.  The driver should be in -current
and I can e-mail the source to anyone who wants to give it a try.  Please
email to jmarin@jmp.fi, if interested (I think I posted this announcement
here a while ago?).

  -jm