Subject: pppd and tty driver
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathaniel D. Daw <ndd2@columbia.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/17/1996 10:01:22
I wrote this weekend about my problems with pppd. It turns out they are
much more fundamental than I thought: somewhere in my outbound (but not
inbound) modem traffic, I am losing about one character in 800, usually in
chunks of two or three. I have tried serial port speeds between 19200
and 115200. My modem (a cheap and crappy Zoom v.34, but one that has given
me no such trouble in the past) is set up for flow control, and the tty
options include crtscts. I have fast uarts and a p-100.

Are there any known problems with flow control and the tty driver? Looking
at the lights on my modem, flow control appears to be working, but clearly
it is not. Anyone have any suggestions? This is a June 11 kernel,
incidentally.

..nathaniel daw............................................ndd2@columbia.edu..
 ..."ok" soda may be the preferred drink of other people, such as yourself...