Subject: Re: Hayes ESP (enhanced serial port)
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/08/1996 22:10:44
Michael L. VanLoon wrote:

> It would be really cool if someone would sit down and write an
> advanced ESP driver.  But, nobody has taken the time to do that, yet.
> Maybe I will some day, far from now, if nobody else has done it by
> then.

It would be cool if someone would sitdown and write a 16550 driver
also.. :-)  It would be nice to be able to run _one_ "ordinary"
serial port at 38400 without overflows. (on a 486DX2/66)  Even
better would be to drive all 4 ports on my AST card at speed.
(or even all 8 ports of my two AST cards..)

But.. everything else works pretty darn good, so I can't complain
too much. (and I don't have the skills to fix it myself)

-Andrew